WARNING!

THE VIDEO BAR IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. THE VIDEO BAR MAY BLOCK SOME WORDS FROM POSTS. I ADVISE THAT YOU PLAY THE VIDEOS AFTER READING.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!



Friday, December 10, 2010

Chapter 13: The Saviours

Cell 33
1200 hours

I woke up two hours after the cell murder scene. I was in a new cell, one with mirrored walls, floor and ceiling. It was like being trapped in a glass box. I noticed a few speakers and cameras in the corners of the room. Then I noticed something about the wall in front of me and the one behind me. They should've been of my reflection but instead, there was a man standing in front and behind me. one of the walls must've been a clear glass window. " Confusing, isn't it Andrew?" Said the man. He was wearing a black businessman's suit and a pair of loafers. He was carrying a long black cane in his left hand. his face was hidden by the shadow of a hat he was wearing. " What do you mean?" I asked him. " Standing on your own reflection must be confusing." said the man. " Who are you?" I asked. " You don't know me? Well that's odd. I've been with you throughout your entire life. Surely you must know me." He said. His voice did sound familiar. " No more games. Who are you?" I asked. He put his hand on his hat. " Before I take my hat off, I'd like to ask you a question. Do you know who you are?" He asked. " I'm Andrew Graystone. A normal man." I said. He laughed. " You're far from normal, my boy. You are," He took off the hat. " Me." He said. As my eyes focused to the dim light, I saw his face. It was my own face. I saw him smile. " Confusing, isn't it Gregory?" He said. " No, it's not possible." I said as I examined my own face. " Accept it. You are Gregory Wolfe. You are me, and I am He." He said. Not possible, not possible. I thought. " You're going mad, boy!" Said the man, laughing. " No!" I said. I smashed the reflection. The cracked image of the man looked back at me. " If you aren't Gregory Wolfe the who are you? Andrew Graystone doesn't exist. So you must be Gregory Wolfe, because I am He and you are me. No doubt about that." Said the man. I hit the mirrored wall. The reflection was gone.

This room proved to be more boring than the last. Not a single piece of furniture could be found in the room. Not a very good cell, in my opinion. I sat on the mirrored floor, thinking. What will I do for the rest of my life if they keep me here until I die? This place was a test of my will. My will to escape, my will to survive, and my will to stay sane. All a test. I decided that I had spent enough time thinking. It was time I tried to escape. I got up and searched the room for a possible exit or a hidden door. " No use doing that." Said a voice. I knew that voice. " Go away!" I snapped. The reflection was back. " Why should I? How could I?" He said. "I am you and you are me. We can't part." He said. " No, you're not real. You're just a figment of my imagination. Nothing more. Now go away!" I said. He sighed. " How can I be a figment of your imagination when I'm speaking to you now? I am you. The only way to make me leave is for you to accept it. Accept that I am a part of you, and I shall leave without a fight." He said. " No. I'm not Gregory Wolfe. He's dead." I said. " And how do you know that?" He asked. " The records are conclusive proof of-" He cut me off before I could finish my sentence. " Oh, the records. The biggest compilation of forgeries created by liars. Of course It's a reliable source of information." He said sarcastically. " That's a one in a million case. Most of  the records are pure truth." I said. " But that's only most of them. What about the rest? There are others that go missing and get presumed dead. But in truth, they live. What about you? Andrew Graystone doesn't even have records. Nil, none, zero records, Wolfe! Zero! And you think that you are Andrew. He's just a name. A fake one. Non-existent. A figment of your imagination. Eine Ausgeburt der Phantasie! " He said in perfect German. " No. I will not let myself spiral into insanity by listening to your lies." I said. " Ah, but you already have, my boy. You've been talking to me, your so called figment of your imagination for an hour now." He said. I was speechless for a moment for it was true. " You see? You are already mad. There's no need to listen to me to become insane." He said. Alright. This is one of the parts where I must make a choice. Should I just play along with my own fantasy or should I deny everything he says? " Alright. Will you really leave me alone if I admit that you are a part of me?" I asked. " I shall. In one way." He said, smiling. I sighed. I closed my eyes. " Alright. You are part of me. I am Gregory Wolfe." I said. Then, there was an explosion.

A hole was blown into the wall in front of me. Three figures wearing suits(complete with neckties) and  buttons with smileys on them were standing at the hole. Their faces were obscured by shadows. They had AK-47s in their hands. " Gregory Wolfe?" One of them asked. I nodded. One of the figures reached her hand out to me. " Come on. We're getting outta here." She said. I took the hand. Then I was dragged through a hallway. The guards on duty were coming for us. The alarm blared and the sound of running feet was easy to hear. The people with me loaded their guns. One of them handed me a vest. " Put it on. It's bulletproof." He said. Then, the guards came. The figures surrounded me to form a barrier. Then, guns were ablaze. I covered my ears at the sound. There were shouts of pain, but only for a second. No voices sounded. Only guns. The sound of empty bullet casings falling on the floor was what followed gunfire. I saw a guard running toward us. He hit me in the head with his gun and that was when everything went black.

I woke up to the eerie silence. I tasted something strange on my mouth. Then I saw my three saviours standing over me. " What happened?" I asked. They looked at each other. " We were hoping that you'd tell us." Said the girl. Then I saw the horror around me. The guards were all dead. Mutilated. Blood was everywhere. Then I figured out what it was I tasted on my mouth. Blood. My shirt sleeve was soaked with blood. And I knew I went pale. This is the second time I wake up and find dead people around me. I myself couldn't explain it. I snapped out of my trance. " Let's get out of here." I told them. " Right. We should." Said one of them. Then we walked out of the room. There was a door that said 'EXIT' on it. Obviously, we went through that door.
                                                                          * * *

A car was waiting outside. But something wasn't right. " Wait, This place looks nothing like Ireland." I said. There was a signboard there. It was written in German. " Well, It appears that they moved you to Berlin yesterday." Said the girl. " Well that would explain why they knocked me out last night." I said. I got into the car and we drove off.

No comments:

Post a Comment