WARNING!

THE VIDEO BAR IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. THE VIDEO BAR MAY BLOCK SOME WORDS FROM POSTS. I ADVISE THAT YOU PLAY THE VIDEOS AFTER READING.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!



Friday, June 18, 2010

Capter 6: Lost

Chapter 6: Lost

I looked at the unfamiliar trees and houses. I was definitely lost. I tried to remain calm but my body was still trembling from fear of being lost and excitement of fighting. There weren't that many street lights on this street. I squinted into the darkness trying to adjust my eyes to the dark surroundings. When my eyes finally adjusted to the darkness, I recognized the street(well, maybe being able to read what the sign board said helped) I was on. It was the same street that the girl I saved lived on. I walked along the street looking for her house to try to get help and a few bandages if possible. The pain began to return to me now so I began to limp toward the house. The knife wounds bled and every single bone in my body felt as if they were pulverised into fine powder. My whole body ached painfully. I was almost there. Just half a block away. When I was a few feet away from the house, someone screamed a scream of attack. I turned around and saw one of the gangsters who was armed with a baseball bat with nails. He swung once and hit me while I was still surprised by his scream of attack. I fell down to my knees. He kept hitting and laughing like a madman. I was in real pain now. He must've been high, I thought to myself. I avoided one blow and took the opportunity too hit him in the gut. My fist met his gut and it hit hard. He jumped back in pain while clutching his stomach. then I got up and hit him in the face until he passed out. Then I kept limping toward the girl's house. I had reached the door but after knocking, I collapsed to the ground. I had blacked out(again).

 * * *
6 hours later...

I woke up on a sofa in front of a fireplace in a room that I didn't recognize. I looked at a wall clock over the mantle piece and read the time. 12.00 a.m. I tried getting up but my body was invaded by a sharp pain from all sides of my body. The wounds haven't healed yet but were neatly bandaged. I took some time to look around me for a second. It was an old house, I thought to myself. The wallpaper was old and faded and in some small areas of it they were torn. The photos were old and brownish in color and the wall paintings were cracked and some of the paint was practically chipping. Then, I tried to stand on my feet but, as I took the first step, pain shot up from my leg I almost fell down but luckily, I grabbed the sofa and prevented myself from falling down. "You're not healed yet." said a voice from the doorway I looked up and saw the girl. "You collapsed at my door, so I decided to bring you inside and treat your injuries." she said. I still tried to stand up but, it hurts every time I tried. So I decided to sit down instead. "Who are you?" I asked her. "Well, my name is Catherine Ravenwood." she said. "But, who are you?" she asked back. "Andrew Graystone. I live a little further up the street." I said. She was holding a bottle of red fluid. "What's that?" I asked about the the liquid in the bottle she was holding. "It's tree sap from the sangra de drago tree in my backyard. It makes good antiseptic medicine." she replied. She came closer with the bottle. "I collected some of the sap to try to heal you." she said. I only lied down and let her tend to my injuries even though her methods were painful. So I spent the night there. I was feeling very tired and I needed to rest. I didn't sleep well that night. I couldn't sleep feeling so uncomfortable because of the pain. I woke up early that morning but I was still tired. Catherine had made some breakfast which consisted of porridge and toast. I ate at the table in front of the sofa. The breakfast was washed down with a cup of tea. My knife wounds started to heal where the tree sap was rubbed on. But unfortunately, my legs still ached so my steps were unsteady but at least I was able to walk slowly. I steadied myself and tried not to fall over. I was walking toward the kitchen to see where Catherine was. She was at the table quietly eating her breakfast. I walked back and almost tripped over the table I ate at but eventually I was able to walk back to the sofa without breaking anything. I wondered how long I would be here.

2 weeks later...
I received another call from Catherine. "Hello." I said into the receiver. "Hi. Listen, can you uh, help me with something?" she asked through the  other line. "Alright. Name your problem." I said. "Can you come over? It's something serious." she said in an almost nervous voice. We had become close friends now and she usually asks me for help when she needed it. "okay." I said. "Thank you. Bye she said as she quickly hung up. But the strange thing about this call is that she sounded almost nervous. Usually, she would sound calm but today was a bit stranger. It could be something important I thought to myself. I walked leisurely toward her house then I knocked on the door. "It's not locked!" she shouted from somewhere in the house. I opened the door and gasped at what waited for me inside. A group of people were gathered inside the living room. "Surprise!" they cried. Then I suddenly remembered. today was my birthday and these ere all Catherine's relatives. I greeted them all warmly. Then I saw Catherine. I gave her a friendly hug. "I couldn't believe it! You actually did all this for me?" I said. Then she nodded twice. I hugged her again. "Thank you." I said. Then we joined the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment