WARNING!

THE VIDEO BAR IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. THE VIDEO BAR MAY BLOCK SOME WORDS FROM POSTS. I ADVISE THAT YOU PLAY THE VIDEOS AFTER READING.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!



Monday, June 14, 2010

Chapter 1: Andrew Graystone

Chapter 1

My name is Andrew Graystone. I live in Dublin, Ireland. I'm currently 18 years old and I live alone for my brothers are in Moscow and my parents left us at an orphanage. My brothers and I have been trying to gain some money to help make our lives less of a struggle. So far, there's been a bit of progress, well, for me at least. I send money to my brothers every week in hopes that that will help them in their financial crisis. I always write to them to ask of their condition in Moscow, but it seems that they are too busy looking for jobs to even write back. This is how my life has been going on for a while now. I feel that my brothers might have some luck in the future for I have heard that the manager of the theatre that I work in might have some positions for the job that are vacant but for now, this only remains as a rumor in the theatre. Some of my co workers say that there really are empty positions for the job but most of them deny this rumor and says it's a mere fabrication passed around by other workers as a simple joke(which I don't find amusing at all). Even so, I cannot say that it's all just a really bad joke even though it really sounds like one. The proof to support my co worker's claims are absent, but still, we cant say that it's a lie. So, until there is any proof of this claim, there will be no hope for my brothers. But I will find another way for them to gain the financial resources that they need. My life remained this way until one day....

On a late autumn evening  in a park in Dublin, I was enjoying a pleasant evening stroll to try to relax and rethink my brother's approach at gaining the money that they needed. The air was cold and the sun was on the horizon. People were starting to return to their homes but I kept walking at my usual unhurried pace as before. The sun had fully set now and the only sources of light now were some street lights that cast shadows all around me. There were fewer people walking at the park now. The night seemed to make the everyday objects around me that I see everyday look unrecognizable the branches of the trees looked like long, deformed arms reaching out to drag me into the cold, dark, endless night. And when my imagination was concocting all these mad fantasies, that's when I heard it. An air splitting scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment