WARNING!

THE VIDEO BAR IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. THE VIDEO BAR MAY BLOCK SOME WORDS FROM POSTS. I ADVISE THAT YOU PLAY THE VIDEOS AFTER READING.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chapter 2: Attacked

Chapter 2: Attacked

I turned toward the source of the scream. There were a group of people(Probably gangsters) harassing a young woman. I thought of running but then I couldn't just leave her here. Thoughts were racing through my head. My mind was in a blur and without realising it, I ran toward the people and I started a fight. Punches flew, kicks landed on other faces and eyes were being gouged. Shouts of attack broke the silence that was once dominant at the location. I was punched a few times but I didn't stop. I kept fighting and eventually, they fled. I was tired and hurt, but at least I was satisfied that I was able to do some good. I turned to where the woman was kneeling and I held out my hand toward her. "Come on. Let's get you home." I said to her in a kindly voice. She took my hand and we walked toward the street. "Where do you live?" I asked her. "I live at house number 14, down the road." she said, in a small voice. I took her down the road to where she said she lived. Judging by her appearance, she looked as if she was at least 19 years old. Shortly afterwards, we reached an old white painted house. "Thanks for saving me back there." she said. "It was nothing really. I was only doing my job as a law abiding citizen." I said. She rushed into the house and closed the door behind her.

The next day...(5.00 a.m.)
I called in sick for the theatre job and went to a clinic. My body still ached from fighting off those gangsters from last night. They practically beat the lights out of me. I felt too weak to even get out of bed. But somehow, I got the strength to go to the clinic and ask for necessary treatment. I took a number and sat down in the waiting room and waited to be treated by the available doctor. It didn't take long for my turn to be treated since there were only a few people there. I waked into the doctor's office and sat down. I told him that I fell down a short flight of stairs and my body ached all over. The doctor prescribed some pain killers and said that I needed at least a week's rest. I took my medicine and left the clinic. I decided to go for a morning walk in the park. I passed a few buildings and alleys and shortly afterwards, I reached the park. The sun wasn't up yet and there were few joggers. When I reached the secluded location where last night's event took place, a hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me to the ground. The people that stood above me were the same hooligans from last night plus some other gang members armed with chains, baseball bats, steel pipes, knives, crow bars and brass knuckels. Did I say some other gang members? what I meant was a lot of other gang members! "Oh, so this is the bum that messed with our gang. How about we teach him a little lesson boys? Get him!" said the man that pulled me down. As they raised their weapons I quickly darted from them toward a tree. One of them threw a knife at me. and it hit my back. I pulled out the knife and kept running. They  were following close behind me. eventually, they caught up to me and started hitting me with whatever they were holding. The blows struck me hard from all directions. I felt pain come from every square centimeter of my body. I felt myself bleed from my head, my arms and my legs. Then they started kicking me in the face and stomach. And at the signal of their leader they stopped. "This should teach you a lesson. Mess with us again, and we'll come after you." he said. I felt my consciousness slip away. I had blacked out.

I woke up a few hours later in a hospital. I had a plaster cast on my left arm and I had bandages wrapped around the top of my head. There were also some bandages covering most of my legs in a thick layer. I tried getting up but I was too weak to even feel my legs. Those were some hard core gangsters. The only limbs that I could feel were one of my arms which was in pain. I looked at the wall clock. 9.00 a.m. I waited for a nurse or a doctor to come and check on me. After a while, a doctor arrived and greeted me. He said that I had a few bruises and also had a minor case of internal bleeding. My left arm only had a minor fracture so it should heal in a few weeks time. I was lucky that those injuries weren't serious. He said that I was lucky that someone found me in the park at just the right moment. And after explaining what type of injuries I had, he left before I was able to ask him who found me. I looked at the wall clock again. 9.15 a.m. Once again, I tried to get up. I was able to feel a little bit of sensation in my legs, but it wasn't enough to get up. At 9.30 a.m the nurse brought me my breakfast which was a hot bowl of chicken porridge. I used my right arm to grab a spoon and ate the porridge. There was also some hot tea in a Styrofoam cup next to the bowl of porridge. I had a sip of tea and kept eating the porridge. After I finished eating, I decided to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment