WARNING!

THE VIDEO BAR IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. THE VIDEO BAR MAY BLOCK SOME WORDS FROM POSTS. I ADVISE THAT YOU PLAY THE VIDEOS AFTER READING.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!



Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chapter 4: The Second Attack

Chapter 4:The Second Attack

3 weeks later...
My arm has fully healed and now I am able to use it as I used to(For writing). I am now having another evening stroll in the park. My fear of the gangsters had passed(for some reason which is still unclear) and so, I can walk without fear. The sun was setting as it did on the day I saved that woman. I only realized it now though, that I didn't even know her name. I stopped for a while to admire the beautiful sunset. It seemed more beautiful than it had ever been before. When the sun had finally sunk beneath the horizon, I continued to walk down my usual path. The cool night air made the park seem like as if it had entered an early winter. The nocturnal birds began to make their unique sounds to signal the beginning of the night. I walked as a man enjoying the natural occurrences of the night. I was happy that I was able to live normally again. The night seemed calm and peaceful for once in my life. However, the quiet night didn't last long. When I reached the area where I was first attacked, I heard the sound of some people yelling. I looked at where the noises came from. There before my very eyes were the gangsters running after another figure who was also running. Since my fear of them had disappeared, I chased them. I followed them to an area that was overgrown with vegetation. This place must've been an abandoned part of the park, I thought. They were beginning to get a little bit farther away now. I decided to rely on my sense of hearing instead of my sight. I heard their hurried footsteps clearly and followed them. When they stopped, I reached an open area that had overgrown grass and no trees. There were at least 5 of the gangsters and they were all armed. I turned my eyes toward the figure they were chasing. It was a woman wearing motorcyclist wear and a helmet . I could tell they were trying to harass this woman like they did to the other many weeks ago. I tried to keep quiet. Then I jumped toward them ant attacked. They were surprised at first, but then they reacted by swinging whatever weapon they had in their hands. I swiftly avoided their blows and landed some of my own on them. Some of them were able to land a blow or two on me but they were later dealt with. when most of them were down, I grabbed the woman's hand an ran. I could hear them following me close behind so I fastened my pace. Then, when the footsteps of the gangsters stopped, we had already reached the path that I walked on. The woman took off her helmet and to my surprise, it was the same woman I saved weeks ago. "thanks." she said. "youre welcome" I said, panting. Then she ran off toward the street. I was about to head back to my home, someone grabbed me by the throat. He pulled me toward the area where I had fought the others. When we reached the place, There weren't 5 of them. There were 30 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment